Hoisin Chicken with broccoli and mushrooms
1. Chop the chicken breast into pieces. Marinade the chicken breast with the rice vinegar and cornstarch and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
2. In the meantime, chop the garlic into thin slices and chop the mushrooms into medium thick slices (you want them to keep their bite). Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl: the Flying Goose hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, white pepper, cornstarch and water. Stir well and leave to stand.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil in a wok and fry the garlic slices briefly. Then add the chicken and stir-fry over high heat for a minute.
4. Then add the broccoli and stir-fry for a few minutes.
5. When the chicken browns, add the mushrooms and sauce. Stir-fry this for 2 minutes. This will allow the sauce to thicken.
6. Turn up the heat and season to taste with salt and sugar.
7. Serve the hoisin chicken with white rice, noodles or bulgur.