Spicy Indonesian chicken dish from BaliSpicy Indian curry with chicken and various spices
- Main course
- 4 persons
2 Medium onions finely chopped
3 tsp Salt
5 g Ginger pounded in a mortar
3 Garlic cloves pounded in a mortar
4 Tomatoes skinned and diced
500 g Chicken breast diced
100 ml Water
20 Asian curry leaves
10 Coriander leaves finely chopped
Preparation method for Chicken Curry
- Heat the oil in a pan and add diced onion and a pinch of salt.
- As soon as the onions have turned golden brown in colour add the finely ground ginger and garlic.
- Add the finely chopped and skinned tomatoes. Leave to cook for 2 minutes with the lid on top of the pan. Tip: the easiest way to skin a tomato is by removing the green crown from the top of the tomato and to then make a small cross at the bottom of the tomato. Leave the tomato in boiling water for 10 seconds and them immediately put it in a bowl of ice-cold water. The skin can now easily be removed with a knife.
- Add the curry powder whilst stirring. Lower the heat and leave to cook for 5 minutes until the mixture becomes dry.
- Add the cubes of chicken and stir well. Return the lid to the pan and leave to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add a little water after 5 minutes and stir well. Place the lid on the pan and leave to cook for 10-15 minutes. Stirring occasionally will prevent the mixture from burning at the bottom of the pan.
- Finally add the coconut milk and curry leaves.
- Remove from the heat and add shredded coriander leaves if desired.