Savoury Chinese pancakes
- 3 persons
Preparing these pancakes requires a little more time than you might be used to, but the result is totally worth it!
250 g flour
1 tsp salt
150 ml hot water
1 bunch of spring onion
1/2 clove of garlic
1 tbsp brown sugar
Preparation method for Scallion Pancakes
- Put the flour, salt and hot water in a bowl and mix to a firm batter. At first you can use a spatula for this, then use your hands to knead.
- Put the dough ball in a lightly greased bowl, cover and set aside at room temperature for about half an hour.
- In the meantime, make the dipping sauce. put the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, sesame seeds, some spring onion and brown sugar in a small bowl and mix well.
- Flour your countertop and take the dough ball. Divide it into 4 equal parts.
- Take one part and put the others away, covered under a damp tea towel.
- Roll the dough onion and brush it with oil and spring onion.
- Now roll this up and make a spiral out of that roll. Then roll this out again into a flat round pancake. This way the spring onion is nicely distributed through the batter and because of the oil, the pancake gets several airy layers.
- Put a little oil in a (cast iron) pan and pack the pancakes one at a time for a few minutes per side, until they turn a little golden brown and crispy at the edges.
- Cut the pancakes into triangles and serve with the dip sauce you just made.
- Top with spring onion and sesame seeds